Sunday, December 28, 2008
Just to update....
Christmas was crazy! Our month started with my grandma turning 90 and everyone came home so we could throw her a party. I worked two weekends and between Shay Christmas and all our other family Christmas and gatherings we have barely been home. This week we have Tom, Mary, and my dad's birthdays!!! I do have a day off this week in addition to New Year's Day. On my day off I'm taking my kids to daycare and I'm coming home to clean and organize my house and closets! For those who don't know me well, this is my dream. A day off to clean and organize my house. I thrive when I have cleanliness and organization in my home. I become stressed when my house is out of control. I will soon post photos of our crazy life over the last month.
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and relaxing New Year.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
He is showing me where is chocolate popped out of. The shirt should have been my first sign this probably wasn't going to end well. Above the words is a pretty "bad" motorcycle.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Shay has been crawling for about a week now. She is finally realizing she can get wherever she wants and is exploring the house. It is fun to watch her during this new stage...so cute! She is still a little on the petite side, weighing in at 50% for her age and 90% for height, so she is twiggy! She LOVES to dance. My goal is to get video of this posted this weekend. She is EXTREMELY flexible in her hips and gets her groove on to all music. We are hoping for the next Olympic gymnast, haha!
Conley loves all things chocolate. Normally Nate clears the table after dinner and I do the dishes. Conley has taken over Nate's duties and Nate rewards/pays him in chocolate for doing his job. The conversation went something like this...
Conley "I take momma the dishes, okay dadda?!"
Nate "I will give you candy bar anytime you do my chores buddy"
Conley "I get candy bar?"
Nate "If you clear off the table"
I never got paid in chocolate for doing my chores, how unfair!!!
My kids now take baths together...another video needing posted. It is so fun to watch them play and interact in the tub. The other night I put them in and sat back to let them play. Every kid has a poop face. Every mother can tell when their kid is loading their pants by their poop face. I did not see a poop face in Shay for one second. I don't know how long they played before I got closer to the tub to start washing and noticed some serious floaties. Shay had poop A LOT in the tub. I of course, clean freak, just start screaming for Nate. He comes running expecting a serious crisis, only to receive a naked Shay in his arms. He laughs and goes to clean her up. Meanwhile....Conley sits among poop, pointing and talking about it. I finally figure out to get him out and start scooping! Conley continues to dialogue "Shay pooped in the tub", "Shay we don't pee pee in the tub", "Shay we don't poopoo in the tub", apparently he needed to have this conversation with her earlier. Conley did receive the rest of his bath after some serious cleaning. I didn't have the camera handy, and I'm sure nobody cares to see the pics. Looking back, oh so funny, but in the moment very disgusting!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
This is looking at it from the back deck. It came with that seperate wooden swing set in the background. The colorful plastic set we have had for a couple years. It will be better for Shay next summer, or will make me feel more comfortable than the bigger one!
The steps Conley is climbing is the only part I feel is unsafe, which is saying a lot because I'm very cautious when it comes to my children. I will make Nate put something more protective in front of that opening until Conley gets older! Nate will be disappointed in this pic, I cut off showing his pond/waterfall. There are 2 small ponds behind the deck/porch that overflow a small stream to a waterfall and bigger pond at the bottom. You can see part of this in the picture above, it is the rock bed that the stream comes down before reaching the bottom pond. Sorry, my husband is not for hire...too many undone projects around here, plus we never see him because of that same reason :)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
It was also fun to tear up and throw in the air, Shay loved this!
Probably not the safest activity. Don't even ask about the pants...
Our floors are quite slippery after this event.
Monday, November 10, 2008
"What, you don't call this loving my baby?"
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Inspecting the living conditions. I'm sure this box will be home to many other creatures!!!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The final product! I have no idea what happened to my kids' pants.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Marnee (a family friend) gave Kinzie and Shay warm winter pjs. We had a wedding in Minnesota 2 weeks ago and Mindy and I brought the pjs for the girls to wear without knowing the other had brought the same pair. Shay just loves Kinzie, although sometimes a little to aggressively. We can't wait for Kinzie to start sitting up and fighting back!! :)
It is tradition to take pics of my kids sitting in the spider basket. Conley cried the entire time we tried to get a picture. Shay, however, did awesome. It's our Longaberger candy basket, which Conley can't keep his hands out of!
My aunts took my kids to a Halloween party at my Grandma's assisted living complex. They had a great time. Conley loved handing out candy to all the people who lived there. He is Spiderman for Halloween and loving every minute of it. Luckily his costume is just a pair of pjs, so we will get lots of use out of it. Shay is a butterfly and was completely exhausted from her first Halloween party. Here is a pic of her passed out on my aunt's couch. Poor thing!!!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
1. I love to clean. I love a clean house, and I love order!!! I find cleaning my house is my way of blowing off steam and relieving stress. I have shipped my kids off to my parent's and my aunt's house many Saturdays so that I can clean my house from top to bottom. I am often made fun of because of this. I wasn't always this way, ask my parents! When I clean I go all out! I can't just clean the surface, I "spring clean" each time I go at it. I have decided with my crazy work schedule and 2 small children, that I must divide my house and do something each day so that it all gets done each week!!! Seriously, I love it!
2. I hate to admit that I love sorting people's stuff! Nate and I always poke fun at sorting dirty underwear. Seriously, it is NOT like that, we just have fun with it. It amazes me the things people get rid of or even buy in the first place. I am not making fun of what I do, I seriously love my job, but when you really think about it, it is kind of a weird concept to sort through other people's things all day long! I usually don't get to be in that area of the store all that much, but I sneak up there whenever I can because I just love the "hunt".
3. I love designer clothing. I have a weakness for brand name designer clothing. I understand it is a waste of money, but I love quality made, American made stuff!!! My aunt is a firm believer in items made in America, and I share some of that thinking. I would blow all my money shopping if I was not as smart with money as I am. This is a funny thing about me considering my own mother hates to shop. She also likes good stuff, but knows what she needs and she will go in, buy it, and come right out. I could shop all day! Luckily my love of consignment shopping saves me money on these designer goods!
4. I secretly love daytime tv. When I was home on maternity leave, or home sick, I could watch talk shows and soap operas all day. With this same admission, I love being lazy. I work hard 50hrs a week, but love sitting on the couch watching tv whenever I get the chance.
5. I hate to cook! I would hire it out 7 days a week if I could. I have no desire to cook at all!!! I love ordering take-out and I love when we get invited to family dinners, so I don't have to lift a finger in the kitchen. On that same note, I hate cleaning dishes!!! I do it because I love to clean, and want a clean kitchen. But, oh my, I would pay someone to empty my dishwasher and wash my dishes!!!
Okay so there are my 5 things I hate to admit! Now everyone knows a little more about me!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Nate and our friend Luke (thanks Luke) are digging holes in the background for the posts. You can see Conley riding his powerwheels just beyond the trailer. He always was out supervising the guys work ;)
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
This is her new look she gives us. I think she feels the tooth on the bottom rubbing against the top gums. It is the cutest look thus far! And yes, we are still waiting for the hair to come in thicker on the sides and back to accompany the mohawk! haha
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Last weekend Mindy, McKinzie, Chloe, Mary, Pat, Shay and myself all went to Chicago for girls weekend. I don't think Chicago will ever be the same, haha. We hit the road at 7am on Friday and shopped until we dropped! On Friday we hit a bunch of consignment stores in the suburbs of Chicago! We love seeing what else is out there and seeing what great finds we can score. Of course we hit some of our favorite retail stores too, Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's etc.
Mindy managing both while shopping! Poor Kinzie, Shay likes to give out lovin'.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Shay getting a bath in the sink of the RV. She looks unhappy, but actually really liked it.
This was our campsite. Tom and Mary's RV is on the right and our pop-up is the one in the middle with the blue stripe. Grammie was a huge help with Shay. Her and Shay are buddies and got serious bonding time as I chased Conley and Isaac around. Our campsite area is much bigger than this pictures shows. There were many campers of families from Alberty City (where Tom grew up) and 1/2 of them were Sundblads. It was fun hanging out and getting to know everyone.
We biked from our campsite to all the buildings and events. My parent's gave us this burley after Conley was born and we love it! It took a few trips to get Shay positioned, but they loved it! Conley is not a fan of the camera and never has his eyes open when I take a picture!Grammie helped Conley and Isaac feed this horse. They loved being so close and able to pet the horse.Conley would not get on the horse by himself (no complaining from mom on this one!), so Nate had to ride with him. Although I think Conley did better once up on the horse.
Isaac was first on the horse and out into the ring. Tom led Isaac's horse around the ring.
Chloe was in love! She of course hesitated, but after the boys got on the horses she was ready to go. Mary led her around the ring and Chloe yelled to make sure I got a picture of her!