Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm a big girl now!

This post is an update on Shay! She is growing and changing everyday!!! She has been rolling all over the place for months and can now sit up on her own. She loves to sit up and play with her toys that hang down from her activity mat. She also has her first tooth poking through. The whole tooth is through the gum on the bottom, now we just endure the painful process of the tooth coming the rest of the way. Of course, followed by the rest of the teeth to come! I have always tried not to be the mom who compares her children, but seriously, Conley was amazing with teeth. He never had any issue. Shay has been somewhat crabby and not sleeping well. I can handle the crabby, but not sleeping is not working for this working (45+hrs per week) mom of two! It is a phase, that is what I keep telling Nate and myself! It is just crazy to think that she is closer to being 1. Time flies!!!


We are truly blessed right now with the presence of my sister Jill for the next month here in Iowa City. She is on the pro golf circuit and doesn't move to Florida (we don't feel sorry for her!) for winter until late October. She has been a tremendous help with my children and Conley just adores her. Shay is starting to be a mamma's girl, so her and Jill are in the bonding process. Nate has already hired Jill out to do some jobs around the house and I put her to work with bath time and reading books to Conley. Thanks Jill for everything, you rock!!!
Here is Shay showing off her new skills! She still is quite petite and actually wearing clothing that matches her age. Conley was always about a year ahead in sizing until this year.

This is her new look she gives us. I think she feels the tooth on the bottom rubbing against the top gums. It is the cutest look thus far! And yes, we are still waiting for the hair to come in thicker on the sides and back to accompany the mohawk! haha

3 comments:

jamie said...

she is precious!

Derricca said...

Very cute photos!!! I can't believe how she has grown. I don'think I have seen her since she was a few weeks old!

Andrea G. said...

How sweet! She really is getting big! I can't wait to see you on Friday!