Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pumpkin carving...Sundblad style

We carved pumpkins last Thursday night with my parents, Mary, Grammie Pat, Chloe and Isaac. Nothing like the last minute...that is how we operate most of the time around here!

Of course, Nate doesn't do anything lightly. Everything here is modified to be bigger, better and faster. Nate is the man of crazy ideas and inventions. His brain never stops working. For some people this would not be such a bad thing SOME of the time. However, it can be quite exhausting. So of course, power tools had to be used to carve our pumpkins. Nate used the jig saw and did an awesome job! I took some pics to capture the event, because I thought some may not believe (if you know Nate this comes as no shock).
I don't have any pics of the kids in their costumes, they are all on my mom's camera. So if I ever get those from her I will post them. Conley, of course, was Spiderman and Shay was a butterfly. We did a little bit of trick-or-treating and parading around to the relatives to show off our cute costumes.
Some power tool action. Poor pumpkins :)

The final product! I have no idea what happened to my kids' pants.

5 comments:

Andrea G. said...

We carved them Thursday night at 8pm. David got to stay up late just for it since we were so last minute!

saras said...

Yeah, I'm glad we're not the only ones! haha

The Baker said...

A. is going through the same stage of wanting to run around without pants! The pumpkins look great!

Jill Pennington said...

We still haven't carved our pumpkins! Guess they'll just stay out as Thanksgiving decorations. And by the way, Abbie never wears pants around the house. Must be a 2 year old thing! :)

jamie said...

hilarious sara! love it!