Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crawling...Chocolate...Poop

Crawling...
Shay has been crawling for about a week now. She is finally realizing she can get wherever she wants and is exploring the house. It is fun to watch her during this new stage...so cute! She is still a little on the petite side, weighing in at 50% for her age and 90% for height, so she is twiggy! She LOVES to dance. My goal is to get video of this posted this weekend. She is EXTREMELY flexible in her hips and gets her groove on to all music. We are hoping for the next Olympic gymnast, haha!

Chocolate...
Conley loves all things chocolate. Normally Nate clears the table after dinner and I do the dishes. Conley has taken over Nate's duties and Nate rewards/pays him in chocolate for doing his job. The conversation went something like this...

Conley "I take momma the dishes, okay dadda?!"

Nate "I will give you candy bar anytime you do my chores buddy"

Conley "I get candy bar?"

Nate "If you clear off the table"

I never got paid in chocolate for doing my chores, how unfair!!!


Poop...
My kids now take baths together...another video needing posted. It is so fun to watch them play and interact in the tub. The other night I put them in and sat back to let them play. Every kid has a poop face. Every mother can tell when their kid is loading their pants by their poop face. I did not see a poop face in Shay for one second. I don't know how long they played before I got closer to the tub to start washing and noticed some serious floaties. Shay had poop A LOT in the tub. I of course, clean freak, just start screaming for Nate. He comes running expecting a serious crisis, only to receive a naked Shay in his arms. He laughs and goes to clean her up. Meanwhile....Conley sits among poop, pointing and talking about it. I finally figure out to get him out and start scooping! Conley continues to dialogue "Shay pooped in the tub", "Shay we don't pee pee in the tub", "Shay we don't poopoo in the tub", apparently he needed to have this conversation with her earlier. Conley did receive the rest of his bath after some serious cleaning. I didn't have the camera handy, and I'm sure nobody cares to see the pics. Looking back, oh so funny, but in the moment very disgusting!

4 comments:

Jill Pennington said...

My kids now bathe together as well...much more fun for both of them. I have yet to have the poop problem, but was just discussing it with a couple of my friends the other day. So gross!

Andrea G. said...

I LOVE the crawling stage too! It is sooo cute watching E go explore. She is mostly just in the living room, but I can't wait for her to explore the whole house! Let me know if a gate comes into Stuff... David broke our other one and I guess it's about that time for another one!

Derricca said...

I saw chocolate and poop, and I thought...this will be good! Isn't the pooping in the bath tub experience great? gag. I freaked out and called my mom. She acted like it was no big deal! SICK!

Miss Mommy said...

That's great! I wish I could hear him talking!