Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Monday, September 1, 2008

Family Camp

We spent this past weekend at Hidden Acres Family Camp with Nate's parents, grandma Pat, Chloe, Isaac and our kids. We drove Tom and Mary's RV and pulled our pop-up camper behind. We had beautiful weather and great neighbors at our campsite, which all made for a great weekend. I tried to take a lot of pictures, because my family and friends will not believe I went camping unless it was documented, however, I am only in one picture. I always seem to be the one holding the camera and therefore not in many shots! I will work on this in the future.


They offered many activities throughout the weekend and we tried to attend as many as possible. It was hard to fit in activities with our nap schedule for the kids, so we have to go back next year to experience some more. Tom and Nate won the canoe race, the kids rode horses, Conley and Isaac played with minnows, some went to a rodeo, we went swimming, played at the beach and did some serious relaxing!!! I have included some pics from the weekend. For those who love to camp and even those who don't (I survived and this camping thing is growing on me) you should look into this camp on Labor Day weekend. They offer so many activities and have great facilities, it was great!
They had a minnow racing contest. The boys could care less about the contest, but definitely loved the minnows. I'm not sure if either minnow survived the boys!!!
Nate and Tom in the canoe race. The final round was intense, but of course they rocked it!

Shay getting a bath in the sink of the RV. She looks unhappy, but actually really liked it.

This was our campsite. Tom and Mary's RV is on the right and our pop-up is the one in the middle with the blue stripe. Grammie was a huge help with Shay. Her and Shay are buddies and got serious bonding time as I chased Conley and Isaac around. Our campsite area is much bigger than this pictures shows. There were many campers of families from Alberty City (where Tom grew up) and 1/2 of them were Sundblads. It was fun hanging out and getting to know everyone.


We biked from our campsite to all the buildings and events. My parent's gave us this burley after Conley was born and we love it! It took a few trips to get Shay positioned, but they loved it! Conley is not a fan of the camera and never has his eyes open when I take a picture!

Grammie helped Conley and Isaac feed this horse. They loved being so close and able to pet the horse.Conley would not get on the horse by himself (no complaining from mom on this one!), so Nate had to ride with him. Although I think Conley did better once up on the horse.

Isaac was first on the horse and out into the ring. Tom led Isaac's horse around the ring.

Chloe was in love! She of course hesitated, but after the boys got on the horses she was ready to go. Mary led her around the ring and Chloe yelled to make sure I got a picture of her!

4 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

You are so brave! I am very impressed indeed!

Andrea G. said...

Way to go Sara! You go girl! Did Mindy and Greg get some alone time with McKenzie (sp) while you guys had the other two?

saras said...

Yes, we gave them the weekend with just Mckinzie. I always told Nate I would camp for my children's sake, but truly this campsite was great! And that is huge coming from me!

Jill Pennington said...

Looks like fun. Maybe we'll try it next year, but we only have a tent and I'm not a huge fan of camping either!