Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Honey & Snakes!

Another funny Conley story...I'm sure other moms have nicknames for their children or just use different names to get their attention or calm them down. I sometimes call Conley "honey", when trying to calm him down or just talking to him in general. I truly don't say it all that often. I'm sure he is called that at daycare every now and again. Where am I going with this you are asking yourself....well now Conley calls me "honey". Some of the phrases from the other night included, but not limited to:
"Honey, throw the football"
"Come play honey"
"Honey, more chocolate milk please"
I would respond with: "My name is mommy"
only to hear..."Moooommmmmy" shouted, and almost mocking me

It was so hard not to laugh. He is fascinated by our real names lately. Although, he still can't remember my name is Sara, but loves calling Nate by his name or Nathan. It truly is precious!

Boys and Snakes!
What is it with boys and snakes. Conley just loves snakes. He has a fake play snake that Nate and my dad bought him at the Mall of America. He loves playing with it. We had a huge black snake living under our front porch for the longest time. He (sadly, yeah right) died this past week, but Conley would look for him every time we went outside. One afternoon Conley carried a box around the front yard for a long time while I watched from the window. Little did I know he had caught a baby snake and it was in the box. I truly felt bad for the snake because Conley squeezed and handled the snake quite aggressively. I did capture the moment on film, just to gross Mindy out, haha! So this ones for you Mindy!!!
Pulling the snake out of the box to show me! Yes that is our dog/horse behind Conley!
Very proud of his new pet. No fear in handling the snake!

Inspecting the living conditions. I'm sure this box will be home to many other creatures!!!

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

David will love going to play at Connely's! I have no intention of getting over my fear of snakes. There is NO WAY one would have stayed by my house that I was aware of! You are so great!

gregandmindy3 said...

i am very upset with you conley. i think daddy is corrupting you by teaching you snakes are cool. i will have you know this is all nates fault that i am deathly afraid of snakes. oh and i am glad your snake died i may be able to come visit now.

Jill Pennington said...

Oh gross...I hope my little boy hates snakes. I'm not sure I can handle these gross things that come with little boys...