Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...


Last weekend Mindy, McKinzie, Chloe, Mary, Pat, Shay and myself all went to Chicago for girls weekend. I don't think Chicago will ever be the same, haha. We hit the road at 7am on Friday and shopped until we dropped! On Friday we hit a bunch of consignment stores in the suburbs of Chicago! We love seeing what else is out there and seeing what great finds we can score. Of course we hit some of our favorite retail stores too, Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's etc.

Saturday was the best day of Chloe's life. We visited American Girl Place in downtown Chicago. It was AMAZING!!!! Chloe's doll got her hair done and an extreme makeover at the beauty salon. We got both the doll and Chloe matching outfits, and we had lunch there. It was unbelievable. The doll sat with us at lunch and the food was amazing as were the decorations. I have included pictures because words cannot do it justice. I would (I think) recommend this experience to all. It is a little much, dollar-wise, but truly worth every penny. It was such a delight to watch Chloe take it all in and have such an awesome time. Of course when we were done at American Girl, Mindy had to bring Chloe back down to earth so we could do some more shopping! We shopped some more consignment right downtown (fun boutique consignment shops) and then headed back to the hotel for some pizza and hot tubbing! Sunday we hit the beloved IKEA and then headed for home. It was an exhausting weekend, but some great deals were had and many laughs!

The little girls did great. The poor things were taken in and out of the car about a million times and never got their needed naps or fun play time, but we have to train them young!!!!
This was our dessert. I love food! This gives you an idea of how "all out" they went on every tiny detail. It was awesome!!!
This is Chloe & her doll (Kit). Her doll was given a highchair that attached to the table.
Below is Kit getting her hair done. Chloe's doll had been quite loved, so it took a good 30 minutes for her beauty shop appointment. Some other dolls came and went in the time Kit got her makeover.

Mindy managing both while shopping! Poor Kinzie, Shay likes to give out lovin'.

4 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

You are so brave! I am so routine-obsessed I would never do that and my girl needs it!

gregandmindy3 said...

Awesome job, I think I will just route everyone to your blog to tell them about my family. I love love love the pics. They turned out awesome. Sometimes shopping really is more important than a nap. You can always catch up later, you cant always be in shytown. thanks a bunch sara!!

Derricca said...

So much fun!!! It looks like indeed, you had an awesome weekend! Good for you girls! I saw the episode on John and Kate Plus eight where they take their twin girls to the American girl store. Ever since then I have wanted to take Abigail there sometime in the future! Now we have to go for sure!

Andrea G. said...

I think we might have to take a Playgroup, date there sometime! It looks amazing.. I can't wait to take Elizabeth some , but I am sure it will be pricey. I am looking forward to Friday!