Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nothing is free!!!

A couple of months ago Nate worked at a house and a lady was sharing with Nate how her sons wanted a trampoline but they needed to get rid of a swing set first. Nate, of course offered to take the swing set off her hands. She told him he could have it for free if he would move it out of there.


So.... 5 guys and three trucks each pulling full sized trailors later, the swing set arrived at our home. Now, this was free, which was great because these things tend to cost as much as a down payment on a house! So find a place in the backyard and put the thing together, right?! Oh no, Nate (as stated in previous posts) tends to go all out, all the time! This free swing set, turned into many Menards trips, and adding on to the back porch. I haven't received the Menards bills yet, but I'm sure my swing set is the farthest thing from free. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my husband and his handy skills go unmatched! I can't recall hiring out anything that we built, fixed or remodeled on this house (except the roof, but it is trecherous). I have to admit, at first I thought is was a little much, but he did an awesome job, it looks great, and Conley loves it!


Here are pics from yesterday's first testing of the swing set by Conley. He was in love! We need to have all our friends over in the spring to help break it in right!!!
This is the walkway from the back porch over to the swing set, you can also turn right about half way down and there are stairs down to the back yard.
Nate and Sampson await Conley:)

This is looking at it from the back deck. It came with that seperate wooden swing set in the background. The colorful plastic set we have had for a couple years. It will be better for Shay next summer, or will make me feel more comfortable than the bigger one!

The steps Conley is climbing is the only part I feel is unsafe, which is saying a lot because I'm very cautious when it comes to my children. I will make Nate put something more protective in front of that opening until Conley gets older! Nate will be disappointed in this pic, I cut off showing his pond/waterfall. There are 2 small ponds behind the deck/porch that overflow a small stream to a waterfall and bigger pond at the bottom. You can see part of this in the picture above, it is the rock bed that the stream comes down before reaching the bottom pond. Sorry, my husband is not for hire...too many undone projects around here, plus we never see him because of that same reason :)

6 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I want one too! Wow! Can we have playdates at your house!

Andrea G. said...

That is incredible! What a great blessing!

jamie said...

dude i am jealous- that is awesome! can we come play? :)

Hautt Stuff said...

That is quite the playground. What is next on Nate's list??? The Taj Majal?

Jill Pennington said...

Wow...I don't even have words for this. Wait, yes I do: I'm jealous!