Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Can we build it.....Yes we can!!!!

Yes we are fans of Bob The Builder at this house! Conley doesn't care for tv, but will watch Bob The Builder movies all day! At this house we have Nate the Builder. I love my husband and his handy skills, but oh my word! When he gets an idea in his head, there is no stopping him.


Idea #1: Add on to the shop. Of course, it isn't big enough already (sarcasm). Here is an idea, sell something (Mindy is giving me a high five right now)!!! So I guess I thought this would be a no big deal, easy project. How soon I forget, my husband is a perfectionist and he goes all out. I now have not seen him for the past 3 weekends. He works sun up to sun down, stopping only briefly last Saturday because it was our 5 yr anniversary and he thought maybe we should go for dinner. Side note....after dinner we went to Menards and I was forced to load sheets of steel in my designer jeans and high heels! There are no pics of this event! So below are pics of this first project. Conley is loving it, as my dad has brought the bobcat over 2 separate weekends!


Nate and our friend Luke (thanks Luke) are digging holes in the background for the posts. You can see Conley riding his powerwheels just beyond the trailer. He always was out supervising the guys work ;)



Nate is putting the steel sheets on for the roof. That horse would happen to be our dog Sampson. I'm sure Conley is riding away from him when this pic was taken.


My dad, Nate and Conley are cleaning up the rocks that were dumped by a dump truck (highlight of Conley's weekend, that weekend). Conley did more tossing of rocks with his shovel, than helping!



Idea #2: Build an apple press. We have an apple tree growing in our backyard. Until this year we have never picked the apples. Conley and Nate (together) climbed the 12ft. ladder (don't turn me into DHS) and picked apples one night. The apples are quite good and Nate decided we were going to make apple cider. Why buy an apple press when you can make one, right???? So I have included the pics of the apple press because I figured no one would believe me unless they saw it. I wasn't happy with the mess it created (typical Sara response), but the cider actually was awesome. It took 70 apples to make a little over a gallon. We all find this fact hilarious! Our apples are quite small, but now that he has the system down it should go faster. Plus, he is in his glory knowing he made the press and how awesome the cider turns out!




4 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe you let him do the pressing in the kitchen! Too funny! So lucky to have a builder in the house. I may call you about that press...I have 2-5 gallon buckets of apples and I have made 3 crisps, 2 pies and I am running out of steam.

gregandmindy3 said...

i have no words except i cant even believe we are related.

Derricca said...

hahaha...I LOVE it!

Jill Pennington said...

Wow...that is really funny. Who would think to make a cider press? :)