Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Monday, November 10, 2008

Scary Baby!

When Chloe was younger I bought some toys to have at our house for when she would come over. I had purchased a baby that came with some accessories (bottle, comb, fake powder) at Stuff and was excited for the first time Chloe would come over to show her my new toy. She had been playing with it all night and it must have been time for them to leave. Mindy must have told her to tell me thanks for buying the baby for her to play with. Chloe's response "thanks for my scary baby aunt Sara". I remember we all burst out laughing. No one had given baby that name, she came up with it on her own. Now I have to admit, this baby has quite the haircut. It has a resemblance to my youngest sister when she was younger and just woke up in the morning, minus the dreadful perm my mother forced upon us for many years!!
I introduced Scary Baby to Shay this weekend. I figured she should have some girly toys, considering she has been playing with Conley's spiderman, Thomas the trains, etc. Shay didn't understand how to "love" her baby. Instead she loved grabbing it by the hair and swinging it around. She had a great time, but we'll have to work on her "mothering" skills. I have included some pics of Shay and Scary Baby's first meeting.
She tried drinking from this bottle a few times. She wasn't willing to share with her baby!
We tried to comb Scary Baby's hair, but we both felt it was a lost cause!
Such an innocent look, moments before she flings Scary Baby around by her hair!

"What, you don't call this loving my baby?"

5 comments:

gregandmindy3 said...

So I think scary baby may be in need of the royalty treatment from the american girl place. I know chloe would be ready to go back any time. Love the pics!!!

Jen said...

Scary baby is pretty cute, but not as cute as Shay. She is getting to be such a big girl. Sarah- girl toys this Christmas!!

Andrea said...

That doll has quite the hair! I named A.'s first doll as Bella. Her knew one is named "Baby LaLa" I really enjoy reading your blog!

Derricca said...

haha...I think we all have had a scary baby or two in our childhood! :) Actually, I think I have had one just like that one!

Jill Pennington said...

This made me smile b/c Jonah is always playing with Cinderella, Belle, and numerous other girly toys. Perhaps I should invest in some of the boy toys that you mentioned! At leat Shay will be a tough girl after playing with her brother and his toys. Poor Jonah is going to be a sissy! ;)