Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The hawk and the drummer boy...

My aunt from Tennessee was in town this weekend and so we hung out with the Shay (Shay is my mom's maiden name) side this whole weekend. We had a blast visiting cousins in Davenport and just relaxing and doing what Shay's do best, gossiping and laughing!!! Conley had a blast playing with my cousin Andrew and Andrew's drum set. Luckily they keep it in the basement, so it wasn't too noisy, however as much fun as he had there will be no drum sets in our future! Shay got spoiled rotten and loved every minute of it. I included some pics of Conley and Andrew playing drums.



Shay's developed quite the mohawk (sp?). She has hair all over her head, but quite a thick chunk right down the middle. Now for those who know us well, know that Conley sported quite the mohawk once upon a time. I have included pics of both my children and their mohawks. We try to dress Shay's up with a bow, but the bow just won't stay in!
You can see the defined patch of hair on the top, center of her head




Our pretty bow we try to clip onto the "hawk", but it keeps falling out ;(

Front view of the "hawk", Nate added a little gel to get it spike up more crisp! He did this to Conley when Conley was about 7months old.

Back view of the "hawk". We left it for about a week, but I got tired of "doing" Conley's hair every morning when I don't even do my own. I had to gel it up and make it sure it looked good for daycare, Nate was very particular about this. I'm sure Conley will have many more mohawks.

1 comment:

Derricca said...

The "hawk" is GREAT! LOVE IT! Your kids are adorable. I should talk to you sometime about balancing work/family....not easy, at least nt stress free! :)