Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cutting the cord





I will admit it, I'm addicted to the co-sleeper. For those that do not know what this is, it is a bed for Shay that fits right up next to mine. It is awesome for many reasons.
1. I get stare at her when she is sleeping, which is so precious.
2. I can roll over and grab her half asleep for those 5:30am feedings.
3. She is close to me, so if she starts crying I can grab her quick before she wakes Conley!


So...I have decided it is time for her to sleep in her crib FULL-TIME! Now just because I have come to this realization does not mean I will quit cold turkey. For Shay's sake (yeah right, mine) I will make a gradual transition. She has spent nights in the crib, I'm just not consistent. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks old, so that is not the problem. My attachment to her is! I bought her a mobile at work today, thinking this would help entertain/sooth her if she got lonely. As she is crying in the other room, I am guessing she is not a fan of the mobile. I included pictures of when I introduced her to it earlier. At the time she seemed to love it. Conley was awesome at falling asleep at night, never really threw too much of a fuss when we started putting him to bed awake. This is Shay's first night at being put to bed when awake. She is not really liking it at this moment. Luckily I have my blog to keep me busy and to keep me from going in and rescuing her. Oh, but Nate just did! There is a special place in a dad's heart for his daughter;) Oh wait....I think Nate is on board the "Cutting the Cord" bus, I heard her resume crying. I'm promise those of you who are reading this and wanting me not to let her cry, it is not hurting her and I will go in and get her as soon as I am done typing! I'm such a softy.


I have included pics of the beloved co-sleeper and the mobile. May the best sleep aid win. I would put your money on the co-sleeper :) My aunts will laugh when they see this picture, because they say that they are hoping to come to my house one day and see my bed made. Sorry, no chance! I'm a clean freak, but when it comes to making our bed I don't care. Plus, we leave the house at 7am and Nate is usually still in the bed, kind of hard to make it and we know Nate is not making it!

6 comments:

Andrea G. said...

You go Sara! I can't believe she was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks... I am trying really hard not be mad at you! We are working with through the crying at night, but it is because she wants to eat... however since at 4 months she was 75% for weight there is no reason she needs to keep eating! It is just convincing her of that! She much prefers to go back to bed on a full tummy after waking up at 3:30 or whatever.

Andrea G. said...

P.S. I LOVE Shay's stripes, mobile, and lovely crib... she should be happy to be in there!

Miss Mommy said...

I agree with Andrea- you are blessed! Good luck, tho, and may the crib win!!

Jill Pennington said...

It's okay to let her cry, I promise. It's hard though, I know. We did not have any problems letting Abbie cry, but for some reason, we are reluctant to let Jonah cry it out. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I feel like he already gets less attention than Abbie did (and still does) so that is my way of showing him that I love him. I too, like Andrea, am jealous that she is sleeping through the night. Jonah was and not is not and it's annoying. After the surgery it's time for some tough love and I'm sure, much crying (probably him and me)!

saras said...

I would trade working 50 hrs a week with a child who sleeps through the night for "stay at home mom" and a child who wakes up during the night. I guess there is good in each situation:)

Jen said...

I cannot believe that you still have the co-sleeper! Wow! You definitely got you money's worth out of it. I think it sounds like she is ready. Good luck you two. I am am glad I found your blog! Check mine out: http://larsandella.blogspot.com