Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm still alive....I think!

What a crazy two weeks. There is so much to tell, I don't know where to begin. My last post occurred while I was home with a sick child. Well....I should have known something weird was going on. Conley has E. Coli, well hopefully he has pooped it all out, but the lab results on his last stool sample (oh yes, we have been collecting poop at this house) hasn't come back yet. We got the news last Thursday, so he has been out of daycare (yes, still paying for it) and staying with family members (love my family!!!!!). Unfortunately the lab and the doctors office did a horrible job communicating with me, so my sick child was attending daycare infected for at least a week without us knowing what was wrong. I feel horrible for everything and am glad to report that Conley is doing well and has had one negative test result and we are waiting for one more negative to know he is completely cured. Conley is my child who never gets ear infections or a cold, he always has the funky illness. So far in two years we have had: Rectal Strep, Hand Foot & Mouth, and now E. Coli. I think there was one pink eye and one ear infection in there along the way. Luckily this illness is only spread through fecal matter (I know, so gross), so Shay isn't at huge risk, unless we have poor hand washing after diaper changes, which we all know I like things clean!

We have also been working like crazy (Nate and I), which is nothing new. The last two weekends have gone out of town with family, which has resulted in no sleep both weekends. Someday I am going to sleep in and maybe do some laundry!!!!!!!! Nate loves to be outside working on the yard and house, but unfortunately the past two weeks he has had to be out working all day in homes and then working all night in the shop on repairs and cleaning jobs. This week is rough one for both Nate and I with work, so pray that we have patience with our children and each other, as we will be very tired. We are actually staying home this weekend, so maybe we will get some stuff done, and get some sleep!


I plan to post pics from our fun family getaways tomorrow. This is all I have time for tonight. I thought I would just let everyone know I'm still here, haha! I included one pic to prove that Conley is okay and having a great time, even though he is "sick".

Conley loved feeding the horses in Albert City

2 comments:

Jill Pennington said...

Oh...we have collected poop at this house too, multiple times. I feel your pain! I can't believe how exhausting life with children can be. We'll be praying for you guys to make it through this busy time and to get some rest.

Andrea G. said...

Sara I am sorry about the sickness! It was your fault about daycare though. We are praying that the next test is negative too and for the busy work schedules. I am feeling you now that I am back at work again too. Hopefully we can connect on a Wed or we are due for a lady's night out... let me know what night works for you and I can send it out to all the girls! :)