Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Conley's day of fun!






Yesterday was a day of pure fun for Conley. I had heard many awesome things about the Farmer's Market in Iowa City on Saturdays. We decided to head down there and check it out. It was awesome! Conley loves crowds and saying hello to everyone he meets, so he had a blast. There was a live band and a bucket of chalk for the kids to draw on the cement. He thought that was cool. Nate had errands to run, so he took off in the car and the kids and I walked to the ped mall. Conley LOVED playing in the fountain, we could have stayed here all day! He would put his head above where the water was coming out and he would run through the water, he had a blast.


At home my dad came over (Conley loves his grandpa) and helped Nate take down a tree. So the boys worked outside and Conley received many "tractor" rides on the lawn mower. My dad ate with us, again another Conley favorite, and then Conley got some much needed nap time.


When Conley woke up we (Nate, myself, my dad, Conley & Shay) headed up to Cedar Rapids to my aunts house. My aunt has the most amazing gardens and was giving Nate some plants for around our property. Conley LOVED playing in the gardens. There were some butterflies that he chased all over, she has a small pond that he kept looking in and telling us there weren't any fishies, and she lives on a busy street and many motorcyclists were out driving. We went out for dinner and after dinner walked across the street to the Dairy Queen. Conley ate his cone and half of my blizzard. He loves ice cream!


We left my aunts for what I thought was home, but detoured through Cedar Rapids and made our way to Hawkeye Downs. This is the icing on the cake for Conley's day. Nate raced dirt bikes growing up and it is still in his blood. Some Saturday nights at Hawkeye Downs they have motorcross and 4-wheeler races. So of course we bought tickets and went in to watch. At this point is was about 8pm and we ended up staying for an hour. Normally Conley would have been tired and cranky, but he was in love with his new experience. When we got in the arena close enough to see, the first thing out of his mouth was "I wanna ride it" and Nate shot back "No problem buddy, we'll get you one". For those that know my husband well, this is a battle I will not win. I win most of the time, but this one he has in the bag. I have to admit it was fun to watch and there were some minor crashes that made me very nervous, but overall pretty safe. It was hard for Conley to leave, but I am certain we will have many trips back to that place and someday our trip will include a dirtbike and my child in full gear!


1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

I think it was wise to have a day of Conley favorites as a reminder that just b/c Shay has come doesn't mean he's not as important, etc...I loved reading about your day! Good luck with your battle!