Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I can't cook...I hate cooking

I do!
...I'm too tired
...I don't care
...We are not picky eaters (thank the Lord!)
...We don't have much time
...I'm not creative
...I'm too cheap
..I'd rather give excuses than just get busy cooking


I truly don't care if I cook my family dinner. Seriously, I will admit that we have eaten a lot of mac n cheese, grilled cheese, frozen pizza and other items that are shortening our life span and clogging our arteries! AND THEN... when I actually cook something that is somewhat creative and delicious, Nate and I get food poisoning!!! Seriously, how hilarious is that. Nate and I both had a little food poisoning this past week from something I prepared, yes our kids escaped the jaws of my cooking, praise the Lord!


Why bring this up, you may ask???

Well the other day I got creative and Conley and I made some trail mix, oh yes, VERY COMPLICATED. I hear the oohs, and aahs coming in! I have included pics as proof. This is a big step for me, you know they sell it already made in a bag at Walmart.

AND...Nate's mom has this crazy idea (but a REALLY good one) that I am going to start cooking using all this natural, healthy oil and stuff. Heck, I can't even remember what it is I'm supposed to cook with and she just told me about it 2 hours ago. We are already doomed! Now this new cooking idea of hers is healthy and may cure Nate's psoriasis, but could be fairly expensive. Sorry honey, you may have to live with it a little longer due to my "cheapness".


I did buy a book about crock pot cooking. I thought that would be easy for someone who works 50 hrs a week with two children. BUT...I haven't opened the book yet. I have never done new year's resolutions, but I think this may be my year. I may try to get organized and plan ahead my meals. I tried this once. It lasted about 3 months and then again, I got lazy. Writing this goal on the blog might make me stick to it. My family is hoping this new year's resolution will stick. Wish me luck!
Conley didn't understand that you can't just eat the M&Ms.
Conley showing off our new snack creation. It has lasted for a week, which is amazing considering it has chocolate as an ingredient!

6 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Just do Naomi's and then alternate with the cheap stuff :) I do the plan... 2 week and it makes such a difference! I have been trying to make extra and freeze some each time I do actual cook for later.

Jill Pennington said...

I have a ton of easy recipes and most of them are fairly healthy, although nothing like what Mary has planned for you! I'd be happy to email you some of them if you'd like. I got most of them off of kraftfood.com, the site will make a grocery list for you and it organizes the list by item so it makes going to the store easy.

Also, I love my crockpot cookbook and use it all the time. It really is easy and nice to come home to a meal already made!

Jen said...

Why can;t you eat just the m & m's? That is a perfect acceptable method here- not loved but accepted.

How about you try one crock pot thing a week? (I can't talk - I don't cook either....but I could if Bret did not want to) We do crock pot a lot in the winter and it really is pretty easily if you plan ahead a bit. One of those meals might go a longer way than you think!

Jen said...

Ohh- Kraft.food is great. Do you get the free magazine they offer? Sign up for that - it is all stuff we have in our house! Real food!

Jen said...

Ohh- Kraft.food is great. Do you get the free magazine they offer? Sign up for that - it is all stuff we have in our house! Real food!

Derricca said...

I love you and all your honesty, haha. It's Ok Sara, that is one of the toughest things for a mom when she is working!