Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy weekend!

Shay got another ear infection this past Thursday, and thankfully is doing much better. The medicine does give her explosive poop and she is averaging 2 major blowouts per day. Laundry has never been so disgusting! On two occasions I gave in and just threw the undershirts away. Seriously disgusting!!!
Big shout out to my parents. They helped huge on Friday when daycare called to have me come pick Shay up. I really needed to get stuff done at work, and had left early the day before for her doctor's appointment. My parents picked up both kids and brought them to our house and hung out all afternoon. There is no greater blessing than having family close to help out, I truly appreciate that.



Saturday morning I was up bright and early to join Mindy and Chloe on a shopping spree at the Iowa City store's 1/2 Price Sale. I found some awesome bargains and got some cute stuff for both Shay and Conley. Saturday for lunch my aunt and grandma stopped by to hang out for the afternoon. They brought lunch and birthday presents (my birthday is tomorrow). I got the coolest vase from my aunt. I had to take a picture to show it off. It is very shallow and you put just a couple fresh stems in the vase. It looks AWESOME in my bathroom, thanks Linda!!! Saturday night my parents took us out to eat for my birthday, while Grammie babysat. I got to pick, so we went to The Atlas. Mindy introduced my to the buffalo chicken burrito awhile ago, and I fell in love. It was yummy!!!!

My vase with beautiful flowers. I not the best green thumb, but I am excited to buy fresh flowers for my bathroom. I'm sure my guests will appreciate my decorations as well ;)



Nate is quite handy and that has been both fun and costly throughout our marriage. He loves doing projects and upgrades around the house, but does come home with quite the Menards bill. His most recent project is the bed for Conley. He decided he was going to make Conley a bed when we moved Conley into his new room a year ago. He made a frame out of birch for the mattress and boxsprings to sit in and it has 2 drawers on each side for storage. This is great because we don't have a dresser in Conley's room. It is a little higher off the ground than I would prefer, but very nice. We already had a stool for Conley to use in the bathroom when he brushes his teeth, so we are using that for now. Of course Nate said he would build a little step unit that Conley could use to climb in until he is bigger.
It didn't fit up the stairs at first, so Nate and Luke had to take it apart in some places. It was funny watching them attempt it the first time. They would not admit it wasn't going to fit, they tried so hard, but eventually gave in to the spectators.

There was a little damage done to the wall, but of course Nate will just fix that. It was a tight squeeze and that is putting it lightly!!!


His bed all put together. He of course is very excited and of course tells me that his bed is "just for big boys, not shay-shay". Yes bossy ;)

1 comment:

Andrea G. said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! Are you a young 28? :)

I LOVE the bed! We have the same car stickers :)