Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Naughty Conley

We have had a problem with Conley at daycare lately. I picked the kids up yesterday and Conley's teacher informed me that Conley had been in "timeout" 13 times before lunch! He also had to talk to the "principle" (aka owner of the daycare) twice about his behavior. We are not sure where this is coming from and she said he had a better day today.

Here is the conversation today in the car on the way home:

ME- "Con, were you nice to your friends today at Depot?"

CONLEY- "I was a little bit nice and a little bit naughty"

At least he is honest. We will have to work on this! We didn't allow any dessert last night and we didn't allow a few other favorites. We made it clear that he was being punished for being naughty to his friends and not listening to his teacher. We will see how it goes! Open for suggestions!!!!!

6 comments:

Hautt Stuff said...

Sounds like Conley is taking lessons from Gene! Lately Gene does not want to listen to us at all. It is driving me crazy. I feel your pain!!!

Jill Pennington said...

It must be the age! We struggled with Abbie when she was around 3 1/2 and just had to get really tough on her. Taking away privileges, time outs, and some spankings. After much consistency on our end, she shaped up.

Unknown said...

You need to give that boy a tune up!!!! That means he has to go to the shop and get a 2*4. That is what Tom and my dad did.

Andrea G. said...

Um... what goes around comes around? :) I like that the last post was my "lovely son," and this one is "naughty Conley" too funny!

saras said...

Hilarious Ben!!! I can't wait til you have kids, hehe! The best is when explaining to Con what was wrong with how he acted, he repeats "So we don't hit our friends or babies!" I have no idea where the babies part came in...he hasn't hit any babies that I know of. Seriously!

Andrea said...

It must be the age- A. is 3.5, and when she does something mean/wrong I will ask her why. Sometimes she responds, "Sometimes I like being naughty, sometimes I like being nice." Even after explaining that she gets in trouble and loses privileges when naughty, she still insisted that sometimes she likes to be naughty.