Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Sunday, February 10, 2013

In...yes - Organized...NO!

 Our closets are pretty well organized.  Nate still needs to build the drawers for the middle section, so for now baskets are holding socks and other things!
 I was able to knock this pile down today!  I took care of at least 2 dozen boxes!!!  All that is left is paperwork for Nate's business that are too heavy for me to carry to the storage room!
 This room never was cleaned before we moved in.  It quickly became out of control.  I organized it today and hope to get it cleaned soon!  Walls are dusted but the woodwork is still very dusty.
 This entry has been great!  We lacked this area in the old set up.  The front door is on the left with the 2 side panels.  The door open with the light leads to the mudroom and then to the garage.  Most boxes end up in this area until opened and then sorted out from there.
 This is my favorite room...or will be my favorite room.  The toy room.  It is a DISASTER right now.  I have bought some pieces and have ideas on how this will get organized.  I need a full day with no kids to organize and PURGE!  The kids have tried to help on several occasions and this is what it looks like!
 Shay's room is set up and needing more decorations!  Once the toy room is set up and we rearrange a little in her room, we will figure out some decorations.
 Conley's room is also done, just needing the final touches.  Both kids also need the drawers built for the center section of their closets.
 This is my score for the toy room.  This amazing local artist painted this table for me.  I have admired her work for a long time and personally know her family.  I found the table at Stuff Etc and she painted the alphabet for me.  LOVE IT!!!
 The kitchen is completely put away!  The bar stools arrive Tuesday!!!  Lots of items are landing on the island or the desk area on the left until I deal with them or figure out where they will go.  I have not organized my desk or rental business yet.  Working on clearing out the garage and then will tackle these drawers.
 Nate wants a bigger dining room rug...so the rug rolled up in the background is going back.  Hopefully I will find a new one soon!  For now the rug pad is down and we deal.  We also need window treatments...imagine that :)  Our trim guy will be back later this month to finish up the windows and the crown molding in the kitchen.  You notice it on the big windows below more than this pic above.
 We have 2 chairs coming Tuesday and a sofa and end table that will almost complete this room.  Of course window treatments are in the works and I'm still on the hunt for a coffee table or ottoman.  Still up for debate which one we want.  You will notice the carpet extractor...we had a sick kid this morning on the new couch...not good!
Our bedroom...always a bachelor pad looking room!!!  We have never owned bedroom furniture since we have been married...yes almost 10 years!  We are going to figure it out...soon!  We have a HUGE mattress...very tall.  We are on the hunt for a platform bed with nightstands that we like.  We do have a cute comforter...wadded up in a ball in the middle of the bed and an awesome sitting chair and ottoman in the corner of this pic.  I do have a couple of items picked out to buy to complete this room, just trying to tackle the bed and nightstands first.  Hoping a trip to Homemakers is in our future!  Ignore the paper blinds on the windows and doors (they are in the bedrooms right now), our real blinds should arrive tomorrow...we hope!

No comments: