Sundblad Crew

Sundblad Crew

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

BIG NEWS!!!!!

We have been "mimi" free for 24 hrs!!!!! A "mimi" at this house is a pacifier. Yes, Conley still used his. I know you all are judging right now, but this is my house and my kids, and for a long time it gave me sanity in certain situations to have it. It was all his doing! He announced last night that he was going to throw them in the garbage. One by one, he found them all and in the garbage they went. He cried a little at bedtime, but otherwise did great. He asked for one when we got home from daycare, but quickly got over it. Hopefully it goes well. I remember my friend Jamie saying it was just a couple days of crying and then her kids forgot about it...so hopefully we are on that same plan!!!!

When I picked up Shay from daycare today, they announced that Shay went on the potty today!!! YEAH!!! I always joked that she would be trained before Conley...thankfully Conley is good to go with that subject. Shay initiated going and actually went. I have set her on the potty here but never have had results. Hopefully she slowly catches on by watching her friends!

Shay got her first haircut over Easter weekend. Conley just had to have his haircut after watching Shay. I never thought I would pay to have Conley's hair cut, I always thought Nate would just take care of it. It was a fun day, and they got suckers...win for everyone!

Shay wasn't exactly "loving" it!

Giving Aunt Jamie the "stink eye". I of course am tying to explain to Conley that he can get his hair cut when Shay is done.

3 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Yea for Conley!!!! I have NO idea how I'll rip it from Luke- my goal is by age 3. He only gets it at sleep times, but it is precious to him- he giggles and says lovingly, "paci!" Love him.

Andrea G. said...

I hope it is only a few days of crying for Conley! It was for David, but Elizabeth has now been "ba ba" free for 3 weeks and she STILL asks for it in the car, but they says, "Ba ba broken. Sissy big girl." It cracks me up! She takes longer to go to bed at nap and at bedtime STILL too, which is driving me crazy, but it does seem to be more of a process for her than it was for David! I pray Conley's is a breeze though... thought I would share just in case it isn't easy :)

jamie said...

sweet dude! no judgin here! we did um til they were 3 years old.. and loved every second of the paci's! i felt so bad for them when we took them away. josiah just chewed on his hands for a couple nights- it did take a few days.. i think key is to stick to it.. i wanted to give him but andy wouldn't let me! :)